Wednesday, February 4, 2009

My link to another blog

http://www.nikhilparekh.blogspot.com/

This poem had a lot of meaning to me and I could tell that the author put a lot of time and thought into it. I liked the style of writing that he chose. It was really different and I don't think there was really a rhyme scheme. Each stanza was a new thought, a new idea coming to life. I didn't really understand the total meaning of this poem. I think a lot of work and time went into writing it and a lot of how the author feels about his life was put into the poem.
Rhyming is not in this poem at all from what I could tell. But, not all poems have to rhyme. Actually, in my opinion, i can understand the meanings of poems better if they don't rhyme. When the poem rhymes I'm thinking more about which words rhyme and not what the poem actually means. Sometimes people just write to get their feelings out and it doesn't necessarily have to rhyme for the meaning to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment